the Bachlers

the Bachlers
December 2008

Saturday, January 24, 2009

What Would You Do?

Here is the scene. You and a beloved friend are going out for lunch. You decide that Italian is the cuisine of choice. Now you just need to decide which delicious restaurant. The closest Italian dining establishment is typically a little more pricey, but it is close and you are hungry. So since it is the lunch menu, you and your friend go in to check it out. You look over the menu before being seated and decide the prices are within limit.

So you are seated and are served your drinks. Still looking over your menu, neither of you can decide what you want to eat. The prices are a little more than you wanted to spend. You've already been served your drinks, but you haven't ordered. That other Italian restaurant just seems to be more what you wanted. So . . . .

Do you stay or do you go? Let me know your decision. I'll let you know what we did in a future post.

8 comments:

jennsekona said...

pay for drinks and go, but that's just me

Kristi said...

My gut says go - when you're hungry and splurging on a meal out you MUST have what you really want...however, my polite and practical side says just stay. I mean you already have drinks and by the time you pay for them and a small tip, wait to get seated at another place, eat, and then pay for your meal and drinks there it might balance out to be the same!

Kendra said...

Gee Karen, I don't know what I would do! I'd be so interested to hear what you and your friend decided to do!

Ms. Boedee said...

Let me take a stab in the dark. You were sitting at Carrios and decided Olive Garden instead? I say pay for the drinks and go eat where you don't have to pay for the salad...plus it is better, plus it is cheaper, plus, plus....need I go on?!!! :)

Sandy said...

Definitely go with the restaurant that you wanted. Definitely.

Kristi said...

Unless my friend agreed to do the talking, I would stay and go to the other restaurant next time. I'm too big of a fraidy cat to say anything, but if you want something else, you should go. Now that I think about it, what is there to be afraid of? Nobody is going to beat me up if I leave ;)

Erica said...

I would order cheesecake, call it good and move on...What did you do?

Party of Five said...

This is coming from a former server............ but, STAY STAY STAY! It's such a let down to have a table leave after drinks. Plus, if you did leave it probably gave your server a complex about his/her service and he/she thought about whatever they may or may not have done wrong to make you want to leave. Again, this is coming from a former server's perspective, so take it for what you will. Hope you had fun, whatever you did!